Saturday, July 12, 2008

dedication

To the tune of xm radio and the scent of fresh chocolate chip cookies or cinnamon scones, readers in the form of parents, teachers, grandparents and young children, have been a big part of my life for the last 11 months. From story time, to magic tree house book club nights and special events (Clifford, Froggy, Toot and Puddle), I have been lucky enough to call the Children's Department at Barnes and Noble my home. It has seen me through bad times and good; including, but not limited to, crazy holiday hours and employee discount days (my favorite!)

After August 2 I will trade in my bookselling shoes (they exist, and they are terrible!) for beautiful new teacher shoes (Clarks!) This page is dedicated to all of the wonderful people I met at B&N, for all their guidance and support. Booksellers have a wealth of knowledge...thank you for all who shared their wisdom with me. Not all can be so fortunate to endure the trials and tribulations of the children's department, but I survived and am armed and ready to share my love of literature with a new crowd........

5th graders!