Friday, July 30, 2010

Reading Marathon....


I am in LOVE with The Leanin' Dog. Sweet little Dessa-Dean is having all sorts of troubles after her mother dies until one day a dog, with a hurt leg, happens upon the cabin she lives in with her father. It has been days since she has left the porch of the cabin and her loneliness is starting to get the best of her. Will the mysterious dog stay? Can it help Dessa-Dean overcome her fears? This is an unexpected new favorite. I did not expect to enjoy it, but I highly recommend it!




Other summer reads... 39 Clues Book 1 (Finally!) by Rick Riordan - > fun!
Sounder (another finally!) by W. H. Armstrong -> a great classic
Highway Cats by Janet Taylor Lisle --> let me know what you think. It has a great theme, but it is a little odd!)

What I'm reading now... Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul Curtis