Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The New and Improved Books On Tape!

Eventhough audio books have been available since the invention of the cassette tape, I am thrilled to announce my OWN discovery of mp3 audio books!!!! Picture this.... the weather is perfect, almost 85 and sunny. There is a slight breeze and only small clouds. I'm wearing a light sundress and of course, sunscreen and sunglasses. I have a tall glass of water and I'm lounging in my favorite chaise. Instead of craning my neck and squinting at a book, I've got my earbuds in and I'm listening to "Rules" by Cynthia Lord and I AM LOVING IT! I don't have to shake out my hands because they are falling asleep, I don't have book tan lines and I am able to close my eyes and make out all the visual images of different characters and scenes that I want! I felt incredibly relaxed and truly enjoyed the experience! Not only am I half way through a great book, but I've got a healthy tan too! I can't wait for the next beautiful afternoon to take out another audio book out from the library. I can listen on walks, while painting and even in my car! Don't wait any longer... you have to try this!!