Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Reading

Research shows kids need to keep reading throughout the summer in order to remain at their current reading level. Jim Trelease explains how to help prevent this perfectly on his website... http://www.trelease-on-reading.com/

Looking for ideas? Check out my summer reading list (so far)
Fifth Grade Books
Tim Green's Football Hero
Tim Green's latest- Football Champ (sequel to Football Genius)
The Percy Jackson series (attempting this for the second time!)
George's Secret Key to the Universe
Chasing Spirit Bear
Love, Aubrey
Twilight
Shredderman
Any of Steve Jenkins non-fiction titles
Betsy Byars new mysteries ( the titles are escaping me right now)
Not So Fifth Grade Books
Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian
Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime
Something Borrowed (series of books)
Confessions of A Shopaholic (we'll see about this one)
Three Cups of Tea (I really need to force myself through this- I may buy the 5th grade version)
Dewey The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
Janet Evanovich's Fearless Fourteen and Finger Lickin' Fifteen
I've got some pretty ambitious goals... I am really hoping to post more often!! Be sure to check back for more soon!