Thursday, July 16, 2009

What is the true meaning of Smekday?



Meet the Boovs. The smallish little alien guys that took over the world one Christmas eve and changed Gratuity's life forever. I'm not quite sure if I understand what the true meaning of Smekday is yet, but I'm thinking if I continue reading Gratuity's English papers detailing how the take over of the world has impacted her, I'm bound to discover an answer.
Science fiction is not my favorite, yet, something about Smekday has me intrigued. Critics of the book claim Smekday is hilarious. Well, in my reading so far, Gratuity meets a Boov at a mini-mart and she proceeds to nick-name him, J-Lo. While I wasn't exactly rolling on the floor laughing, it did bring a smirk to my face. Her cat named "Pig" reminded me of "Bob," my cousin's dog who was a female. I suppose I'll just have to keep reading and see what happens....